Pea, Potato & Mint Soup (Fortified Recipe for Care Homes)
- 15ml rapeseed oil
- 300g onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled or crushed
- 600g frozen peas
- 150g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 400ml vegetable stock made with 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 litre Millac Gold
- 1 tsp fresh mint, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper and salt, to taste
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the onion and garlic until softened.
Add the peas, potatoes, vegetable stock and Millac Gold and season well.
Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Stir in the fresh mint and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
Transfer to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Season to taste and serve into warmed bowls.